| || |
- Cambridge Seminars
*Recordings of these talks are available in the 'Audio' section of our website.
‘Remember your former leaders…and imitate their faith’ Hebrews 13:7
Although the original identity of both the United States and the United Kingdom was once Christian, many believers today are ill informed about the historical background to this, and why it was so important then and now. More seriously, even though they realise that these roots have been almost completely severed today - and that the ensuing mess is critical for the society in which they and their children live - they understand even less how this happened nor what to do about it.
The Cambridge Rekindling the Vision seminar clarifies the main themes of this disturbing story. It is designed to train and equip Christians to work confidently for better things both in church and in society. There are five elements:
• Guided walks of the university illustrating our common history both before and after the Reformation/Puritan revolution of the 16th and 17th centuries.
• Lectures entitled ‘Where from and Where to?’ which clarify how the Christian foundations of our society were both laid and lost.
• Wide-ranging table discussions led by Christian Heritage staff which help clarify our own questions and difficulties.
• An introduction to ‘art through the ages’ at the Fitzwilliam Museum – further illustrating the importance of ideas, this time through paintings,
• Talks and discussions about ‘True Spirituality’: ‘the humanness of spiritual experience’ and ‘the imitation of Christ’ – how to live within the reality both of what God has revealed in the Bible and of our remarkable Christian heritage.
Click here to see a video clip of Ranald speaking
| || |